Reese Cup Doesn’t Seem To Have ANY Worries…
Life is moving along at a fast clip these days. Let’s break it down…
- Summer has ended so the kids are back in school. This means homework. Lots of it.
- I spent 3 weeks total overseas in the last month (London & Dublin) and I’m completely jet lagged.
- This weekend is my 25th class reunion when all my high school friends will get together to get caught up and compare paunches. Totally looking forward to that!
- Our house is currently under repairs after a water valve broke in our upstairs bathroom and left 3 floors flooded. The home insurance covered the issues however we wanted to have the upstairs bathroom redone anyway so now the bathroom is being completely removed to give Stephanie & Ava a bathroom that is fit for 2 queens.
- Next week we are having 9 piers placed around our home to keep it from moving so much. With that repair, we should be able to keep our house in tip-top shape and repair some cracked walls and work on some other odds & ends that have been bothering Steph and I over the last few years.
- Ava is playing volleyball and cheering for the Spartan Pee Wees team.
- Christopher is playing basketball and is the starting QB for the Spartan Junior Youth team.
- Stephanie is working at Sephora and is team mom for Christopher’s football team.
- This Monday I start my NFL schedule. I have 26 games in 17 weeks. No problem! (yeesh)
Needless to say…we’ve been slightly swamped. With people coming in & out of our house to work, the kids’ schedule all over the map, MY schedule all over the map and Stephanie doing her best to keep everything in order, it’s a little overwhelming! But we’ll pull through and hopefully everything will be back to normal sometime in…oh…say…January?
Here are some more photos. Just random stuff from the last month or so. Just because I feel like I’m neglecting this little blog here…
Ava’s 8th Birthday Party: A Manicure With All Her Friends!
#10 Is Ready To Play!
First Day Of School (3rd & 5th Graders!)
Is this even ALLOWED in the animal kingdom???
So we have our new kitten and I have been posting pictures on Facebook that I have tentatively entitled, “Ridiculously Cute Kitten Pictures Of The Day.” With all the craziness in our world happening right now, I figured no one would take offense to our little Reese in all of her cuteness. Surprisingly, I had a few people get a little vocal about the pictures, saying I have lost my edge and I’m caving in to the cuteness.
It is true. She IS too cute. I mean…just LOOK at her…
Have you ever seen a kitten so damn cute? It’s ridiculous. Seriously…
And yes I’m aware that I have used the word “cute” in various forms several times in this post and I’m not even gonna apologize for it…
It has been said by many people much more famous than I that you can never have enough pets. Having a pet or two (or three) is a lot like having a child. You have to love it and pet it and make sure it is taken care of. Not that I’ve ever “pet” my kids really but you get the idea. Anyway, when I’m at work one day and I get THIS picture…
Well…there’s not a lot I can do. So now we are the proud parents of ANOTHER animal. This will make 4, by my count. However, on the very same day that my loving wife decided to allow our kids to adopt another kitten, she also decided to house sit 3 other dogs. So that makes 5 dogs and 2 cats in our house along with the 2 kids. Luckily, like I said, I was on work assignment and not around for the craziness however our first cat, Hannah, took offense to the madness and has disappeared for the time being (she is a self-sufficient outdoors cat, after all). I love Hannah and I hope she sees the error in her ways soon. I would hate to have lost her to a caring family that only has 2 kids and no pets. That would break my heart. But to Hannah, wherever she may be…I understand. This place is a ZOO!
What?!? Another pet???