Let’s hope the connection lasts long enough for me to post this while the kids are eating and the wife is still snoozing! 🙂
10. Driving 12 hours straight through the night is dumb.
Yeah…I did it. And we were pretty much wasted the entire day after. I’ll never do THAT again…
9. Putt Putt can be expensive!
2 courses into the vacation and I’m out close to $60! And no Holes-In-One?!?!? Fuggetaboutit!
Addition: As of today (Thursday), I now have 2 Holes In One! Yahoo! But it cost me another $20…damn!
8. Kids are NOT interested in giant, monolithic monuments dedicated to dead white guys.
Doesn’t matter if it IS the Wright Brothers…a 6 year old and a 3 year old just don’t get it…
7. I CAN read a novel in 2 days!
“Last Light” by Michael Connelly was a fast read…and very entertaining!
6. Having limited internet and phone service is a good thing!
Now I can vacation in peace without all the other stuff. But I DO miss my blog!
5. Relatives who loan us their beach house for a week are now at the TOP of my “Favorite People In The Whole World” list…
Thanks to Steph’s Aunt & Uncle who gave us a week of fun and sun. I owe them BIG TIME!
4. Sand can hurt!
Walking on the Dunes here with the wind blowing, sand can really pelt you! And it’s hot! The kids didn’t like it. We left.
3. Naps are AWESOME!
I gotta do it more often…
2. You have to put the sunblock on EVERY spot exposed to the sun.
Otherwise you end up looking all blotchy. Not a sexy look…trust me…
1. The Beach is the GREATEST PLACE ON THE EARTH!
Don’t know if it’s the sun or the sand or the water or the sounds…but I love it!