So my friend over at Twenty-four At Heart has won an award! It’s very exciting and it’s a very ugly interesting award. It’s called the “Arte Y Pico” award and she won it because her site was nominated as one of style and substance. She then, in turn, nominated me for the award! So, curious to what the award was all about, I went to the website of the “Arte Y Pico” award and discovered it’s a site written entirely in Spanish! So I don’t know what I’m supposed to do…
Do I follow the rules that are posted on her site and repost all of the rules and guidelines that are set in place? Or do I say to heck with it and move on because I have no idea what this thing is all about? I mean, the Spanish site could be a website totally about child porn or something (actully, it looks like it’s about knitting…but what do I know). Yeah…I know, not likely, but how am I supposed to know if I can’t read it? I guess Barack Obama IS on to something when he says we should all be bilingual in some way.
Anyway, I appreciate the nomination from 24 At Heart! She is an awesome blogger and I visit her site just about every day! But I am going to decline the award just on the basis that I don’t want to link to a site that I can’t read! That and the award is just ugly too big and I got enough crap in my house already…I don’t know where I’d put such a god-awful interesting looking piece of crap artwork. But to keep with the idea of the award, I am going to start my own award called “The Totally Awesome In An 80’s Kind Of Way Blog Award”! I will follow the exact same rules as the Pico, but it will be for all of us to promote other sites of interest that is not a return link to me…it’s just a great way to share other sites with friends and everyone benefits! Here are MY choices for “TTAIA80KOW” award!!!
1. Twenty-four At Heart: As I said, I read Suzanne’s site every day and love seeing what she has to say next! Now ya got 2 awards! LOL
2. Vocabulary Of My Life: Kim got me started doing this blogging business, so you can blame her for all the nonsense that I write. She doesn’t blog enough these days! Maybe if you stop by she’ll start up again! Oh yeah…we used to date about 20 years ago. Can’t forget that little nugget…
3. …is this thing on?: Ashley has a unique and funny way of looking at life! She loves taking pictures, shooting things and making fun of anything from the 80’s. She is DEFINATELY up for an award like this…
4. A Little Left Of Lost: Danielle-lee is all woman and all kinds of funny!
5. Daniel’s Critical Corner: My favorite movie review site. Dan is THE MAN when it comes to finding a funny way to review a movie. His review of “The Happening” had me in tears!
And finally, I’m gonna give props to my brother one last time, in an attempt to aid him in his faltering attempt at blogging. I think it would be hysterical if all of a sudden he got 600 hits in a day just to see what his reaction would be! Visit Frank’s site at “The Veracity“. He’s not as funny as I am, but he loves to debate. You got something you want to bitch about? Go directly to him. He loves it! LOL
So there ya have it…”The Totally Awesome In An 80’s Kind Of Way Blog Award” nominees for this year! Maybe I’ll do it again next year! So stay tuned…’cause YOU too could be up for such a prestigious award!!!