So you think you know me, eh? Well…let’s see if you knew any of THIS stuff…
1. Let’s get it out there first so everyone knows…I wear briefs.
2. I shave in the shower.
3. I sleep with a pillow over my head and a pillow between my knees (helps my back).
4. I’m adopted…
5. So is my wife.
6. I’ve been married twice…
7. and I have no idea what happened to the first one.
8. I am obsessed with turning off lights in rooms where there are no people.
9. I’m a chronic nail-biter.
10. I’ve never done any drugs for “fun”.
11. I’ve never smoked anything.
12. I’m an offensive driver. And if I offend you? I don’t care…
13. I’m a momma’s boy.
14. I am not star-struck by pro athletes…
15. but if I see a movie star, I might scream like a little girl.
16. My favorite movie is “Grosse Pointe Blank”.
17. I’ve never been to Grosse Pointe, MI.
18. My least favorite food is lima beans.
19. My favorite smell is fresh cut grass.
20. The only social networks I really use are Facebook & Instagram and the only reason I use Instagram is to keep up with my kids.
21. I love driving with the windows down and the music WAY up.
22. My first car was a 1967 VW Beetle…
23. and now I drive a white gold Ford Escape.
24. I graduated college from Ohio University.
25. My parents owned their own restaurant my entire childhood. It is now a Dollar General. And I’m not kidding.
26. I can’t cook worth a lick.
27. I am a fast typist but I have to be looking at the keyboard.
28. I enjoy all kinds of music except opera and bluegrass.
29. I hate wearing a suit & tie.
30. I’ve worked in the television industry my entire life post-high school…
31. …except for a 3 month period where I worked at my parent’s restaurant and a gas station in Duncan Falls, OH.
32. I’m the oldest of 6 kids.
33. I’m a non-practicing Catholic (which means I have Catholic guilt but I understand why).
34. I’m a Democrat…kind of.
35. Disarray drives me crazy.
36. I can’t stand it when people don’t WALK on the moving sidewalk!
37. My favorite sound is my kids’ laughter…
38. followed by church bells ringing on a warm, summer afternoon.
39. I have a hard time peeing in the men’s room if I’m next to someone at the urinal (don’t judge me!)
40. I’ve put a lot of thought into it and I think all my dreams HAVE come true…
41. Of all the pro athletes I’ve met, Anthony Munoz and Steve Tasker are probably the nicest.
42. I’m not a big fan of talking on the phone. That being said, I couldn’t live without my IPhone.
43. Seattle is my favorite city in the USA.
44. I want to visit Italy more than any other place in the world.
45. Tiramisu is my favorite dessert while the Namib is my favorite desert.
46. I am not as funny as my brother but I’m pretty witty via text!
47. My best friend lives in Memphis.
48. My idea of a fun weekend is visiting my family in Zanesville, OH.
49. I consider myself to be somewhat of an independent thinker.
50. I have been in quite a few pro sports arenas in the country. It’s one of the perks of the job.
51. I suffer from early stages of sciatica and can’t feel the 2 toes on my right foot.
52. I love playing basketball.
53. I have discovered that I enjoy going to the gym. Unfortunately it took me 44 years to figure that out…
54. My biggest flaw? I don’t listen very well at times (but I’m a guy. It’s in our DNA).
55. I love coffee, as long as it has cream and sugar in it.
56. My favorite hard candy is “Bottle Caps”.
57. My favorite candy bar is Peanut Butter Cups.
58. I will plan ahead when going somewhere so I can make right hand turns.
59. The highlight of my television career was shooting around on the NCAA Finals basketball court in Indianapolis in 2010. A close second…working the Olympics in London in 2012.
60. The best week of my life was the week of my 2nd wedding and honeymoon. St. Lucia was unbelievable!
61. I do have an obsession with the 80’s…and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.
62. My favorite rock band is U2.
63. My favorite rock album is AC/DC’s “Back In Black”.
64. My favorite R&B album is “Hearsay” by Alexander O’Neal.
65. I don’t like crowds or places where there are a lot of people.
66. For all my griping, I really enjoy my job (and always have).
67. Because I work in television sports, I don’t watch a lot of tv.
68. My favorite television show of all-time is “Seinfeld”.
69. If I were to pick 2 celebrities I would like to get my picture taken with it would be John Cusack & Bono.
70. I don’t have a favorite food (I like too many things to say one is my favorite) but Indian curry would be pretty high on my list.
71. If I were to have a drink, I prefer stouts and porters. OR…a Moscow Mule.
72. If I could wear shorts and a sweatshirt year round I would be in heavan.
73. I worked in television news for over 14 years and don’t miss it at all.
74. I have a large CD and DVD collection.
75. I consider myself a concert goer, even though I don’t get to them regularly anymore.
76. The best concert I’ve ever seen? The U2 360 Tour in Seattle, WA.
77. I don’t like showering with other men at the gym. I’m not homophobic, it’s just a personal space thing.
78. I think my kids are AWESOME but they are, like myself, a work in progress.
79. I don’t know a thing about fixing a car (but I can change my own oil…).
80. I own my share of gadgets but the biggest waste of money is the IMac I bought in 2009. Waaaay to expensive when a PC works just fine.
81. My mom & dad are the most influential people in my life.
82. The first time I kissed a girl I was on vacation in Florida. Her name was Skye.
83. I don’t have any tattoos but I wish I did. I just can’t decide what I would get.
84. I like animals, but not like my wife does.
85. My favorite video game of all-time is Galaga with NBA Jam running a close 2nd.
86. I’m a Sagittarius.
87. I do not play the lottery ever. Maybe I should start?
88. My least favorite arena to work in up to this point is FedExField, home of the Redskins.
89. I don’t mind the airport at all EXCEPT Atlanta. I HATE ATL…
90. I hate changing cat litter and picking up dog poop in the backyard.
91. I don’t mind mowing my yard…
92. but I don’t care for weeding or planting.
93. I was the original director for the national morning show called “The Daily Buzz.” It was the most fun I’ve ever had working in the television industry but the hours were terrible.
94. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.
95. My favorite time of the year is fall (or autumn…whichever).
96. I have a horrible time remembering names…
97. and phone numbers.
98. The first thing I look at on a woman is her eyes (I like brown eyes).
99. I hate when people talk loudly on their cell phones.
100. I consider myself to be the luckiest man alive.
I acknowledge that these can (and probably will) change from time to time. Check in and see what I might do to vary it up. Or not.