So you think you know me, eh? Well…let’s see if you knew any of THIS stuff…
1. Let’s get it out there first so everyone knows…I wear briefs.
2. I shave in the shower.
3. I sleep with a pillow over my head and a pillow between my knees (helps my back).
4. I’m adopted…
5. So is my wife.
6. I’ve been married twice…
7. and I have no idea what happened to the first one.
8. I am obsessed with turning off lights in rooms where there are no people.
9. I’m a chronic nail-biter.
10. I’ve never done any drugs for “fun”.
11. I’ve never smoked anything.
12. I’m an offensive driver. And if I offend you? I don’t care…
13. I’m a momma’s boy.
14. I am not star-struck by pro athletes…
15. but if I see a movie star, I might scream like a little girl.
16. My favorite movie is “Grosse Pointe Blank”.
17. I’ve never been to Grosse Pointe, MI.
18. My least favorite food is lima beans.
19. My favorite smell is fresh cut grass.
20. The only social networks I really use are Facebook & Instagram.
21. I love driving with the windows down and the music WAY up.
22. My first car was a 1967 VW Beetle…
23. and now I drive a black Ford Escape.
24. I graduated college from Ohio University.
25. My parents operated 2 restaurants during my childhood. One in McConnelsville and one in Zanesville, OH.
26. I can’t cook worth a lick.
27. I am a fast typist but I have to be looking at the keyboard.
28. I enjoy all kinds of music except opera and bluegrass.
29. I hate wearing a suit & tie.
30. I’ve worked in the television industry my entire life post-high school…
31. …except for a 3 month period where I worked at my parent’s restaurant and a gas station in Duncan Falls, OH.
32. I’m the oldest of 6 kids.
33. I’m a non-practicing Catholic (which means I have Catholic guilt but I understand why).
34. I lean more Democratic however I’ve truly come to dislike all politics.
35. Disarray drives me crazy.
36. I can’t stand it when people don’t WALK on the moving sidewalk!
37. My favorite sound is my kids’ laughter…
38. followed by church bells ringing on a warm, summer afternoon.
39. I have a hard time peeing in the men’s room if I’m next to someone at the urinal (don’t judge me!)
40. I’ve put a lot of thought into it and I think all my dreams HAVE come true…
41. My favorite pro basketball player is Jason Williams (aka White Chocolate)
42. I’ve spent thousands of dollars on my phone through the years and the last thing I want to do is actually use it to talk to anyone.
43. Seattle is my favorite city in the USA.
44. I want to visit Bora Bora more than any other place in the world.
45. Tiramisu is my favorite dessert while the Namib is my favorite desert.
46. I am not as funny as my brother but I’m pretty witty via text!
47. My best friend lives in Memphis.
48. My idea of a fun weekend is visiting my family in Zanesville, OH.
49. I consider myself to be somewhat of an independent thinker.
50. I have been in quite a few pro sports arenas in the country. It’s one of the perks of the job.
51. I suffer from early stages of sciatica and can’t feel the 2 toes on my right foot.
52. I love playing basketball.
53. I have discovered that I enjoy going to the gym but sticking to a workout routine has proven difficult.
54. My 2 biggest flaws? I don’t listen very well at times and I’m forgetful.
55. I love coffee, as long as it has cream and sugar in it.
56. My favorite hard candy is “Bottle Caps”.
57. My favorite candy bar is Peanut Butter Cups.
58. I will plan ahead when going somewhere so I can make right hand turns.
59. The highlight of my television career was playing basketball with my son and my crewmates at the 2018 Final Four in San Antonio. A close second…working the Olympics in London in 2012.
60. The best week of my life was the week of my wedding and honeymoon. St. Lucia was awesome!
61. I have an obsession with the 80’s. Especially the music and movies.
62. My favorite rock band is U2.
63. My favorite rock album is AC/DC’s “Back In Black”.
64. My favorite R&B album is “Hearsay” by Alexander O’Neal.
65. I don’t like crowds or places where there are a lot of people.
66. For all my griping, I really enjoy my job (and always have).
67. Because I work in television sports, I don’t watch a lot of tv.
68. My favorite television show of all-time is “Seinfeld”.
69. If I were to pick 2 celebrities I would like to get my picture taken with it would be John Cusack & Bono.
70. I don’t have a favorite food (I like too many things to say one is my favorite) but Indian curry would be pretty high on my list.
71. If I were to have a drink, I prefer stouts and porters. OR…a Moscow Mule.
72. If I could wear shorts and a sweatshirt year round I would be in heavan.
73. I worked in television news for over 14 years and met some of my best friends there.
74. I have a large CD and DVD collection that now sits in folders, hardly ever used.
75. I consider myself a concert goer, even though I don’t get to them regularly anymore.
76. The best concert I’ve ever seen? The U2 360 Tour in Seattle, WA.
77. I don’t like showering with other men at the gym. I’m not homophobic, it’s just a personal space thing.
78. I think my kids are AWESOME but they are, like myself, a work in progress.
79. Other than changing the oil, I don’t know anything about cars.
80. I’m a Mac guy. Why bother with PC when all they do is constantly change the OS and force you to figure out all the changes?
81. My mom & dad are the most influential people in my life.
82. The first time I kissed a girl I was on vacation in Florida. Her name was Skye.
83. I don’t have any tattoos but I wish I did. Maybe someday…
84. I like animals, but not like my wife does.
85. My favorite video game of all-time is NBA Jam with Galaga running a close 2nd.
86. I’m a Sagittarius.
87. I do not play the lottery ever. Maybe I should start?
88. My least favorite arena to work in up to this point is FedExField, home of the Redskins.
89. I don’t mind the airport at all EXCEPT Atlanta. I HATE ATL…
90. I hate changing cat litter and picking up dog poop in the backyard.
91. I don’t mind mowing my yard…
92. but I don’t care for weeding or planting.
93. I was the original director for the national morning show called “The Daily Buzz.” It was the most fun I’ve ever had working in the television industry but the hours were terrible.
94. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.
95. My favorite time of the year is fall (or autumn…whichever).
96. I have a horrible time remembering names…
97. and phone numbers.
98. The first thing I look at on a woman is her eyes (I like brown eyes).
99. I hate when people talk loudly on their cell phones.
100. I consider myself to be the luckiest man alive.
I acknowledge that these can (and probably will) change from time to time. Check in and see what I might do to vary it up. Or not.